Advanced Jira administration training
In this course, you will learn how to use more advanced Jira administration features. You'll be confident in taking ownership over setting up governance rules, as this course will give you a strong foundation of best practices that have been tested and approved by Valiantys' team of Atlassian certified consultants. You'll leave the course knowing how to improve your Jira users’ overall experience and how to solve commonly encountered problems.
Public or private class, live online or on-site
Jira administrators with at least a few months of experience. They wish to improve and widen their skillset, adopt good habits around governance, and learn advanced usage and configuration features.
- Prior exposure to Jira administration, ideally with a few months of experience in order to have a wider view.
These prerequisites are covered in our Jira administration training.
- Knowing Jira administration best practices
- Being able to setup governance rules
- Getting familiar with more advanced Jira features
Quick reminders on Jira administration
- Main Jira configuration concepts
Advanced Jira administration features
- Workflow properties and post-functions, features coming from apps
- Email templates
- REST API
Governance and best practices
- Why governance matters
- How to set the foundation for governance over your Jira instance
- Best practices (impact analysis, naming conventions, project contexts, dedicated schemes vs. shared schemes, archiving, the importance of sizing, and more)
Advanced configuration of the user experience
- Advanced JQL and filters
- Dashboard configuration and sample charts
- The audit log
- Integrity checker
- Using the Atlassian documentation
- Most common problems met and how to solve them