Already a Confluence user and want to go further? Looking to learn about best use practices to encourage adoption, acquire a good command of macros and templates and administer your instance?
This training course will provide you with all the know-how you need to become an advanced user and give you Confluence administration best practices. We also cover apps and the possibilities for integration with other tools, at the global and individual space levels.
Confluence users, advanced users and administrators who want to shift up a gear and become more proficient in the tool.
Advanced knowledge and work experience of a variety of real Confluence use cases as a technical consultant; a qualified engineer or equivalent master’s degree
Teaching approach and resources
Training combines theoretical lectures with interactive oral and computer-based practical work.
A multiple choice quiz tests what participants have learned at the end of the course.
A satisfaction survey is also offered to those trained at the end of the day.
Prior knowledge and use of Confluence. The prerequisites are covered in our “Confluence user training” course.
- Think about and discuss best practices for encouraging adoption and the pitfalls to avoid when your teams use Confluence.
- Review some of the main user macros for formatting text, and enable advanced features
- Be able to configure a Confluence space or a full instance for your organization
- Provide high-quality technical administration for Confluence
Wiki governance and best practices
- Wiki patterns: good behavior, bad behavior
- Need for a space, and adoption motivation
Administration of spaces in Confluence – exercises
- Archiving and deleting spaces
- Side panel
- Space management
- Content management
- Security, permissions, and user groups
- Page restrictions
- Undefined page – trash
- Exporting PDFs and HTML and importing Word pages
- Home page and navigation macros best practices
- Monitoring spaces (labels, tasks)
- Customizing spaces
- Jira Core integration
- Customizing templates
- Content formatting macros, in particular:
- Page properties
- Page properties report
- Page tree
- Children display
- Content by label
- Label list
- Task report
- Space attachment (monitoring)
- Jira report
- Jira chart report
Page and blueprints templates
- Create from template macro
- Customizing templates
- Deactivating and promoting templates and blueprints
- Instructional text, variables (wizards)