Currently, more and more teams are adopting Agile methods for their development projects. Focused as they are on the features expected by the end user, and being iterative and based on continuous improvement, these methods are used to deliver excellent products while minimizing the associated costs.This training course will give you the keys you need to manage an Agile project and monitor its development in Jira.
1 day (session delivered in English)
Members of an Agile team with experience using Jira, or wishing to move to Agility
Advanced knowledge of and work experience with a variety of real use cases involving the tool as a technical consultant; a qualified engineering or equivalent master’s degree
Teaching approach and resources
Training combines theoretical lectures with interactive oral and computer-based practical work
A multiple choice quiz tests what participants have learned at the end of the course. A satisfaction survey is also offered to those trained at the end of the day.
- Basic knowledge of Jira’s main concepts (points covered in the Jira user training course).
- Proficiency in the basic concepts of Agility
→ 10 questions. Necessary score: 7/10
- Using the features of Jira Software for your Agile projects
Introduction – A few reminders about Agility
- What is Agility?
- Why move to Agility?
- Development principles
- The roles of the members of an Agile team
Working with Agile boards in Jira
- 2 types of Agile boards: Scrum and Kanban
- Creating and configuring a board
- Comparing Scrum and Waterfall project management (V-shaped cycle)
- Managing an event
- Writing filters in JQL
- Restricting visibility
- Learning to use columns and statuses
- Simplified workflows
Customizing boards according to your needs
- Classic restricted workflows
Jira Software on a daily basis, and Agile rituals
- Interacting with Confluence
- Planning sprints
- Daily standups
- Making reviews
Using reports for greater efficiency
- Sprint report, Epic
- Version report
- Business days
- Burndown chart
- Advanced searches
Review of interacting Apps
- Advanced roadmap, automation, Epic Sum Up, etc.