An introduction to Agile training
Ready to dive into the dynamic world of Agile?
Our Introduction to Agile training session offers a comprehensive introduction to the key principles of Agile, equipping your team with a solid grounding in everything Agile.
This course is an ideal starting point for those looking to understand the main notions of Agile, ensure they are up-to-date with the Agile way and get firmly on track with Agile methodologies.
Public or private class, on-site
People using Jira as part of an Agile team, or those looking to implement Agile methodologies who are seeking a comprehensive introduction to Agile.
- Understand how to work in an Agile way and how to get the most out of an Agile approach
History and background of Agile
- Where Agile comes from
- The Agile manifesto, its principles and practices
Quick overview of the leading Agile methods
- XP, Scrum and SAFe
- Kanban and LEAN
Introduction to roles, responsibilities and resource requirements
- Scrum master, product owner and developers
- The importance of the team: individuals and interactions
The concept of user stories
- Features and epics
- Story creation: sizing and breaking down a story
Ceremonies and artefacts
- Ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives
- Artifacts: product vision statements, backlogs, release plans and reports
- Quality and technical debt
Applying and scaling Agile within a business
- What Agile can bring to a business and its customers
- Is Agile always the right approach?
- Managing risk and overcoming obstacles