You’ve all read the exciting, new Atlassian announcement. The next generation of the popular Atlassian Jira Service Desk has arrived: Jira Service Management. With Jira Service Management incorporates richer ITSM capabilities to enable development, IT operations, and business teams to collaborate at high velocity, respond to changes, and deliver great customer and employee service experiences. Jira Service Management unifies many exciting new Atlassian features to help teams provide amazing service, quickly resolve incidents, and respond to changes. This launch underlines Atlassian’s continued commitment to invest heavily in ITSM, a market where they continue to see tremendous momentum and growth.
This article will help you understand what will change and when, and why this is an opportunity for you to accelerate your organization’s ITSM transformation. If you would like more details or have any questions, join Amita Abraham – Head of Product Marketing IT Teams at Atlassian – for her conference about Reimagining ITSM for an Agile and DevOps world at our Valiantys Enterprise Days on Dec. 1 She will provide a strategic overview of Jira Service Management and demonstrate how this tool can transform your ITSM.
1- Why the big change?
Let’s look at Atlassian’s motivation for making this major investment. According to Gartner, “through 2023, 80% of ITSM teams that have not adopted an agile approach will find their ITSM practices are ignored or bypassed as a result of more agile ways of working being adopted elsewhere in the organization.”
Atlassian wants to address the following ITSM needs:
- Increasing user expectations: customers and employees expect always-on, consumer-grade service experiences.
- Agile and DevOps gaining traction: IT departments are rethinking the way they work with development
- Rise of remote: working remotely is the new normal, demanding new ways of working together
- Cost sensitivity: the current environment is forcing companies to be more cost-sensitive as they shift to digital businesses
2- From IT to Service Management across the enterprise
Amid rapid transformations, IT is often constrained by old ways of working and legacy tools. Rigid processes, disconnected tools, and silos between development and operations prevent teams from enabling high-performing digital processes.
With Jira Service Management, you can empower teams to deliver end-to-end value at high velocity, with a Service Management platform that:
- Accelerates the flow of work between development and operations
- Empowers all teams to rapidly deliver value, from IT and DevOps to HR, facilities management, marketing, and more.
- Increases visibility with an open, collaborative platform