It’s been hard work for us to make it happen, but finally, here it is: nFeed is now compatible with JIRA Service Desk.
- Have you ever witnessed clients filling incomplete or invalid data in their requests?
- Have you seen your agents complain because the ticket misses important data and they waste time trying to get the information?
If you answered yes to one of these questions, we’re happy to let you know that our new nFeed release can solve this problem! You are now able to integrate, seamlessly and with minimal effort, local and external data in your customer portal thanks to nFeed custom fields.
Let’s have a look at an example so you can see what this new nFeed can do for you.
IT help desk context
Let’s say you’re an IT manager and want to order a computer for a new employee. You can raise a new request to order the material via the JSD customer portal.
The configuration is simple. In this use case, assets and their details are stored in a dedicated JIRA project. But it would be the same if you had your assets stored in an external system, like an on-site or online asset management system.
All the information you need to create your request is available, you just have to select it:
- Business unit: the work location of your employee
- Employee: the end user of the computer. Values are filtered based on the ‘Business unit’ previously selected
- Computer: a list of available computers corresponding to the Business Unit needs is presented, these data are all stored in your asset management system, meaning that if you update the assets, your list in JSD will also be updated in real time
- The next fields are automatically filled in, and give you details about the selected computer: storage, CPU, RAM and cost.
Your data is only stored in your asset management system – there is no duplication risk or outdated information. Your agent doesn’t need to pay attention to these details as they know the data in the ticket is correct. Tickets are handled with no errors and in less time, all in one place – that’s the best way to work efficiently, isn’t it?
All these fields are nFeed custom fields. To make them appear on the customer portal, you simply have to insert them in the corresponding form.
Power your Jira Service Desk customer portal with nFeed
Your possibilities are now widely increased with our latest nFeed release as you can have all nFeed features inside your JSD customer portal. These include:
- Ability to retrieve local/external data to add them in custom fields
- Multiple type of datasource: JQL, SQL, Web Services (REST, XML, CSV), CRM and more
- Fields dependencies (based on the first custom field selection, you have the choices automatically filtered in the next custom field)
- All widgets are available: Select List, Autocomplete and Read-only
- All type of nFeed custom fields are available: User, Date / Datetime and Standard ones