Cloud solutions are not just a trend, and the future definitely seems built around this model. Atlassian, like many software companies, has accelerated its shift to the cloud and is encouraging its users to take advantage of the benefits of this model. But finding the best way to move to the cloud can be difficult, involve some risks, and be a time-consuming project. Let’s discover together our 5 best practices to accelerate your journey to the cloud for your Atlassian solutions, such as Jira Software or Jira Service Management.
Moving to the cloud is a matter of time
The announcement was made in October 2020: Atlassian would stop selling new Server products on February 2, 2021, and will fully stop maintaining them in February 2024. If you are using Server licenses, it’s time to think about your future choice: Cloud or Data Center? At Atlassian, 95% of new customers choose Cloud instead of Data Center. Why? Because not only have cloud platforms completely changed the ways companies use technology, but the innovations continue at breakneck speed with manifest benefits – from unlocking agility to lower costs and improved governance.
More concretely, here are the major benefits you can expect from the Atlassian Cloud:
- Hosting: Your instance is hosted for you. There is no maintenance of the necessary hardware and no need for a room to store it. This means less stress on your IT team. Think of all the things you can do with the time and money saved on infrastructure management!
- Upgrades: It’s simple; updates are automatic. Everyone is on the same version, which will always be the latest. You get the latest features at no additional cost.
- Deployment: If you’re starting from scratch, everything is done very quickly; you can start tomorrow. No server interaction or database configuration is required; just a few minutes and a few clicks, and you’re done. A migration is not that easy though.
- Performance: No worries, Atlassian takes care of everything here, too! This makes the instance more robust and reduces the risks of bad manipulation. The problems of server instability are thus non-existent, guaranteeing almost permanent accessibility to the tools.
- Users: The management of users & associated licences is also easier. You can manage all the users of your different tools as a single product. And don’t forget Atlassian Access, which works hand-in-hand with your identity provider.