Here we are! How will Insight allow you to integrate your CMDB with Jira Service Management? Why is asset management important? Having a global and transparent view of your teams’ collaboration and the resulting data improves governance within your IT and business teams, which increases their productivity and helps you stay ahead of your competition.
This article will introduce you to Insight and its deployment plan and consider how you can leverage it across your global organization.
Last year, Atlassian acquired Mindville, an asset and configuration management solution. Beginning March 31, 2021, Mindville Insight capabilities have been incorporated into Jira Service Management Cloud Premium and Enterprise offerings. As you know, asset and configuration management capabilities are a cornerstone of IT Service Management (ITSM). With Insight, teams can track their IT resources and gain visibility into the relationships between critical applications, services, and the underlying infrastructure.
Insight enables IT teams to:
- better respond to service requests by gaining greater context of issues.
- minimize IT risk by understanding the downstream impact of changes.
- add context to troubleshoot and resolve major incidents and problems at high velocity.
- discover and track assets which aids with planning, audits, and compliance.
Unlike traditional CMDB solutions, Atlassian Insight is built on Jira, enabling teams to understand how assets relate to their workloads. Its flexible data structure allows teams to manage assets outside of IT, including HR, sales, legal, facilities, and other functions.
Asset management is based on IT Service Management, which has spread its best practices across the enterprise and is now defined as Enterprise Service Management. Insight is a powerful tool that can be understood as a catalog of assets and relationships between assets unique to different organizations. For example, the HR team has a different set of assets than the Marketing team, which has different assets than the IT team. They can all relate or exist independently from each other within the platform. Insight allows you to keep them separate or link them together. Long before Insight was integrated into Jira Service Management, we explained in this article how the tool allowed Valiantys to manage the skills of these consultants.
As of March 31, 2021:
- Insight capabilities have been integrated into the Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plans at no additional cost.
- Insight Discovery, a free Atlassian Marketplace app, can be used with Insight on a site that has Jira Service Management Premium or Enterprise licensed users.
- the standalone Insight – Asset Management Cloud app is no longer be available for new sales. Current Insight customers can continue to use the app until it reaches end-of-life on March 31, 2022.
- for Jira Service Management Free, Jira Service Management Standard, Jira Software Cloud, and Jira Core customers who are not current Insight customers, we recommend purchasing or upgrading to Jira Service Management Premium or Enterprise to access Insight capabilities.
By integrating Insight in Jira Service Management, Atlassian allows you to address ITSM challenges, improving your teams’ productivity and anticipating the impact of changes before they occur. As an Atlassian expert, Valiantys is organizing a Webinar on June 17, 2021, to present the capabilities of Insight and the opportunities offered by Insight in Jira Service Management. Register now for this Webinar animated by Erin Collins, Head of ITSM Practice at Valiantys.